Monday, February 7, 2011

I have received 3 Christmas cards


Note the red censor pen



Dec. 19, 1948

Marie dear -

I sent you a Christmas card with the letter I wrote and hope you received it. I have received 3 Christmas cards so far and I wonder if I will receive as many as I did last year. Don't you wonder if you will receive the high number of about 100 that you received last year?

I sent my brother Joe and Blanche a greeting card and enclosed that article you sent about Joe Norby.

Marie I wish to remind you that I don't want you to forget to send Martin the dictionary. And please pick one out that has plain and large letters. Now please pay attention and respect my wishes. Send the dictionary and the kodak pictures to Martin to your father's address. Also sent to kodak pictures for me to 2511 Emmett Street. Thank you.

I am hoping that I may be dismissed when Martin comes. It is now 5 1/2 months since you were here Marie. How I wish I could breathe some fresh air. (?) It seems almost embarrassing to mention in each letter that I write about being dismissed from the hospital. But I wish that there wouldn't be some excuse brought up. I feel so weary at the present time. (?)

You haven't answered my question if you have written to Mr. Mullen. I wish you would pause and think about my problem. Must I remind you again to please respect my wishes. Is it to much to ask? But if I may be dismissed when Martin comes I shall try to remember to write you as soon as possible. And I will tell you then about my belongings which are in storage. Oh I hope my things are safe.

I had a nice card from my brother Garfield and I am wondering if he will help me and if I can stay at his house. He has enough room. 

Please write soon Marie and perhaps you had better send your letter air-mail. I must close with Christmas greetings to your all. Be sure and send my cousin Anna in Chicago a card and handkerchief.

From Mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment