Monday, December 9, 2013

I Can Do My Own Washing



May 18, 1952

Dear Marie - 

I received your welcome letter and mother's day card also the money and thank you very much dear. Thank you for wishing that last Sunday was a pleasant day for me. Yes I remember when we were together when it was Martin's birthday on mother's day.

Marie you wrote that it would be nice to see me soon. Yes indeed it would and Marie you must arrange to come. I talked to the Dr. who comes on this ward after I had received 1 of your letter. I said something about the expense and the Dr. answered in a way as if that would not make any difference. I spoke to the Dr. whom you talked to last summer. Now Marie the Dr. worded the answer in a way that seemed to mean that somebody would send you the cost of a ticket here. I hope to be excused if I am mistaken. I was in hopes of talking to the social worker again and see if she knows. And that time when the social worker was here on the ward to see me I gave her your address. I thought she intended to write to you about me. 

Marie the reason I want you to come is because it seems very necessary. Because I wish for you to help me be dismissed from this hospital and please, please Marie could I stay with you until 6 months are up. You know different members of the family have visited with you. I can do my own washing and ironing as I am doing here also mending my clothes. You know Marie the patients have to have some 1 of their family to take them out. I have waited so long for your father to come and to-day is a nice day and I wonder what the excuse is that he hasn't come.

I hope that you can tell him your-self what you think be should do and may-be he will listen to you. So that is another good reason for coming and also to take a vacation. So Marie as soon as school is out try to prepare to come. Perhaps you could have some lady stay with your 2 little girls and Frank could help care for them at home. And so if you and the youngest child came it would be easier for you dear. I wish you could travel on the train. Yes and Marie I wish for you to help me with new glasses. I also still have the apron I made for you and have not sent it.

Now Marie please write as soon as possible and arrange to come for it has to be this way it seems. Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment