Wednesday, October 9, 2013

How I wish we had taken along that spaghetti




Omaha, Nebr.
Feb. 23, 1969

Dear Lottie,

Hope you arrived back safely and thank you so very much for taking me to Portland. I hope you didn't have car trouble returning to Tacoma. You must have been very tired.

I returned safely. Betty took me to the bus depot which left at 3:30 P.M.

How I wish we had taken along that spaghetti and in that little white pitcher was some soup. This would have tasted good when we came to Portland. And I was thinking how we could have bought some hamburgers to go with the spaghetti to bring along. Let me know who ate the spaghetti when you write.

I will be anxious to hear how your plans turn out. Did all your company come that you were expecting?

Now in case you don't go to that distant place to work will you please come to Nebraska? I asked Betty to come when school was out and she said she would try. So how about you and Betty coming? Hope you can stay at Durand's. Or at your father's house. We can figure that out later.

Lottie I was thinking about explaining something. It is this - when you come home from school sit down and take off your shoes. Then take your mail to the bedroom and by this time you have taken off your coat. Well then lie down and read your mail because you know you need the rest.

Have you heard how Jean is by this time? I intend to send her a get-well-card. 

I haven't been over to see your father yet but plan to in the near future. 2 days after I returned in snowed.

I had some of the Danish lunch meat to-day and I fryed it just a little like you did. 

When Betty comes be sure and show her the blue pillow I fixed. Excuse writing as now I am finishing this on my lap. Write soon and tell me if there is any news. With love and best wishes. I am Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment