Friday, January 20, 2012



Lincoln, Nebr.
June 18, 1950

Dearest Marie -

You asked in the short letter you wrote dated June 1st whether I received the mother's day greeting from you. I hope you received the letter which I wrote 2 weeks ago to-day in which I thank you for the telegram. I also received the underwear and anklets and they fit all right and thank you very much.

Don't send the other things you mentioned as I don't need them. At the close of this letter I'll let you know what I need and I would appreciate if you wish to send the articles.

Marie I have been hoping to hear from you and I talked to the Dr. and he said he sent my letter. I suppose you know that the patients' letters are first read before they are sent. Marie would you do me a favor and write to the Dr. and ask him if I may be dismissed? If you write to the Dr. he said he will take the letter over to the hospital staff. The Dr.'s address is Dr. Davis, Box 271, Lincoln, Nebraska.

Now if you are coming to visit me why then you don't need to write to Dr. David because you can talk to him when you get to this hospital.

When I had a letter from one of my brothers over a month ago he wrote as follows - Quote "Why do you not try to leave the hospital that when you write to your children have one of them take you home? You have 4 daughters married they could make a home for you could they not? Well I am interested in your welfare." Unquote.

I haven't heard from Lottie since I wrote to her. I wrote about the house that Bob has been building. If you are intending to come by care I wish you could go by the way of Tacoma and visit Lottie and family and see the house. If you don't plan to travel by car don't you think you and the children could come on the train? Please think of a way about the far for ["Where there is a will there is a way"] as the saying goes. And besides you should be anxious to see your brother Martin. No doubt the Durands will be glad to welcome you. Your father said they were out to visit you a few months ago.

I would like a small jar of Shasta cream to use when I wash my hair. Look for a Good Housekeeping seal on the bottom. Also you may send some candy and money.

I read where "There is magic in just changing one's surroundings." Thank your children for the drawings you sent.

Before you come find out which is the best way to travel that is if you are coming.

From, Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment