Friday, January 6, 2012

Don't call Mrs. Schultz



Lincoln, Nebr.
Dec. 9, 1959

Dear Sir -

I am very thankful that my daughter Marie has written to you.

I was thinking that if you will see my brother don't you think it would be a good idea if he would come with you to Lincoln? Perhaps you could come in my brother's car with him.

Now when you go to the hospital the first time I hope it will not be necessary for me to go out to the hospital. The reason is because I don't want the lady I am employed by to know about me going to leave here when I am working. Her name is Mrs. Schultz and she will just go into a rage and tell me that I can just go back to the State Hospital. I am positive I never wish to again be a patient there as I was there for 5 1/2 years. So please ask the social workers and Doctors to be as quiet about my case as it is possible to be. Don't call Mrs. Schultz over the telephone. The superintend's name is Dr. Gray and the social worker's name is Mrs. Hardin. These 2 I would like for you to talk to if it would be possible for me to sign for myself to be released from the State Hospital at Lincoln.

Then the second time you come which I said I would like for you to come the 28th of Dec and I would like for my brother to come with you. Tell him I will pay for his time please. My brother knows where I am working and then come here first. Then the 3 of us go out to the hospital and talk to the Dr. and social worker whom I have mentioned. When my brother comes as I hope he will and ask my brother to say that he came to visit and may go down town. It would also be best to come as early in the morning as possible Monday through to Friday. Then after we have seen the Dr. and social worker I wish to come here for my belongings for certain.

Oh I remember Mrs. Hardin goes to Omaha on Wednesdays.

I will pay you for services I promise. I sent 5.00 the 8 of Oct. Hope you received it and am enclosing $5.00.

This will be the best arrangement. And be sure and see about where I can go either to the hotel in Blair or if my brother will let me come to his house. Tell him it will not be very long if he should ask. We are older now and should it be sensible.

I will call in about a week so you can let me know about my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment