Thursday, January 5, 2012

Looking for Martin (1964)





Lincoln, Nebr.
March 15, 1964

Dear Sir -

I wish to write to you about my son- Martin Miles Jensen as far as I know my son is still employed by the maritime unions.

My son's number is Z-1018 625 - D1.

I hope you can find out where my son is at the present as I haven't heard from him for months. I hope this information will explain about my son.

His next of kin - father is Mr. Lars P. Jensen, 2511 Emmet Street, Omaha, Nebraska.

I talked to Mr. Lars Jensen over the telephone a few days ago and we agreed to try to find out about our son.

We would like to know what his address is when he comes to New York. That is if still employed by a shipping company. Now at Christmas time when I received a gift from him he wrote his return address to his father's address in Omaha, Nebr. Also some-time ago when he wrote to me he gave his address as -

Martin Miles Jensen
Sea man's Unit
General Delivery
New York, New York.

Now back in 1957 my son was employed as wiper on the SS Transpacific. When I wrote about my son about that time I heard that I could discuss ths matter with some-one from the Red Cross. Do you suppose you could see about this problem?

I hoe I have hear from you very soon.

There is sickness in my family and I would like for my son to return to Nebraska.

Thanking you very much.

I am
Respectfully,
Mrs. Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment