Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Clean and Thorough in Every Way


Phoenix, Ariz
Aug. 17, 1959

Dearest Mother,

I was just thinking of you, so I thought I'd write you a note.

It was so good to see you this summer. Wasn't it wonderful that we could all be together? We owe a vote of thanks to Lottie for arranging things. I suppose the biggest surprise was Martin. He has matured in many ways and has made an adjustment to his work.

I have Martin your note regarding the belt and other things. He said he would take care of the things you requested.

We got home from Lincoln without difficulty. Martin's bus didn't leave until 1 a.m. so we saw him to the depot.

Each of the girls got off as scheduled. Then I had a couple of days to rest up and leisurely visit and get ready to return to Phoenix.

I have been home about 10 days now. it has been very hot, though today it rained and cooled off. The girls and I have been trying to get a few things done before school starts in two weeks. Today we did some ironing and mending.

I know it is going to be time to return to the classroom before we get everything done. But then I guess one never does get done when there is a family to look after.

I hope that the social worker is able to help work out happier arrangements for you. Let me know what develops. We all are anxious that life be as happy as possible for you.

I want to congratulate you on your neat, clean appearance. You really looked nice in that hat and white gloves. Your room was immaculate too. I know you are good in your work - clean and thorough in every way. I think the Schultz's are lucky to have you there.

I hope Martin writes to you and helps you in any way he can. He is good-hearted, and I know is really fond of you.

Did you buy your little plant yet? Wasn't it fun to eat at the tea room? You should go there often on your afternoon off.

Well, Mother, I must close for now. Do write as soon as you can. I think of you often.

Love,

Marie and All

No comments:

Post a Comment