Wednesday, September 14, 2011

That is instead of a plant dear.



Lincoln, Nebr.
March 10, 1959

Dear Lottie -

It is your turn to write. I wish you would let me know if the fruit cake I sent you was in good condition when you received it.

Lottie I was going to mention that if you wish to send me something for Easter - would you mind sending me some money? That is instead of a plant dear.

I was thinking it would be nice for you and Bob to have your picture taken - like the picture of the enclosed clipping.

I remember now some-body in Omaha asked me if Bob had been married before.

I am sending you some clippings about Art Linkletter. I watch his programs sometimes. I like especially these sentences where I marked quote and un-quote.

You can take it seriously or not. But remember your own childhood at the same time. And then your own children which are growing up. If your children had a party I would say 10 o'clock is long enough for them to stay. None of this party p - stuff. That would be out if I were giving a party.

I talked to your father a few days ago and I told him that the 1st of April (I mean 1959) I have been employed here for 5 1/2 years. And he said "That is the longest time you ever worked at a place isn't it?" I asked your father if he had heard from Martin and he said "No." But that he had received Martin's income tax papers.

Now what I favor about the article in Art Linkletter's family Quote - "The period you run into trouble is when children turn 12 and 13 and start going to other kids' homes. They come back with different behavior ideas observed in other households. That's when you've got to put your foot down and say, 'This is how we do it in our house darling.

We even have a party when my mother-in-law visits us from San Diego. I'm probably the only man in the country who can make that claim.

In the Linkletter family we look for events to celebrate."

Un-quote.

I have a very nice letter from Mrs. Durand in Omaha. Frank is still in Omaha I think and is under the care of a very good Dr. and the Durands in Omaha are paying the bills.

I intend to send Mrs. Durand in Omaha a nice Easter care and handkerchief. Why don't you send her an Easter card also? The street no. is 4971 Miami Street, Omaha.

Enclosed is some stamps and Easter greeting card.

Excuse my writing as I am going to mail this when I have finished this letter.

Hope to hear from you soon.

As ever
I remain,
Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment