Thursday, September 15, 2011

All I need is an opportunity.


April 2, 1965

Dear Lottie -


In-closed you will find the paper I mentioned to you over the telephone. Also some clippings.

I was down town to see Dr. Palmer yesterday which was Thursday. She said she had not heard from you. Were you waiting for the paper I have written?

I am supposed to go out to the State Hospital and talk to the social services department and discuss this matter.

I mean that I can go up to Randolph, Nebraska.

I enjoyed talking over about my problems with the Doctor. Did I mentioned that I met her at the State Hospital years ago?

Well I hope you received my last letter.

Now if you haven't written to the Doctor would you do me a favor? Simply write the what my mother wants to do I will go along with it.

I certainly hope I am not asking too much. Please write.

With love and best wishes.

As ever
Mother.


Lincoln, Nebr.
1149 South 17th Street
Feb. 1965

I Mrs. Ruth Jensen -

Was a patient at the State Hospitcal for 5 1/2 years. Now I have been employed at a Rest Home for over 11 years and 4 months. I wish to please be discharged from the State Hospital. I have only had a work patrol as I understand it. For wages I receive only my social security which is 33 dollars a month. My number is 508-xx-xxxx.

Now for years I have bought a part of my food. One month it was $8.62.

I intend to pay my own bills.

I wish for my social security check to be mailed to me in my own name.

I want my family to co-operate because I believe they should stand by each other.

All I need is an opportunity.

In all the time I have been here I have only had 30 1/2 days off. I am down in the kitchen about 6:30 in the morning. I have been un-happy here from the first and the reasons are several.

July 17, 1958 - I had letter from my daughter Marie in which she wrote - You mentioned wanting to go to be with Martin. This sounds like is ought to have possibilities. If you get social security you would not be totally dependent on him. I think it would be worth finding out.

I am positive I never wish again to be a patient at the State Hospital and please no out siders can send me to the State Hospitcal. If any problem should come up I wish to talk to my children.

I should have retired 10 years ago.

I went with-out different things so my children could have a home.

Probation - test or trial of character and responsibility; the period over which such a test extends, as I am employed on probation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment