Monday, September 26, 2011

The Dictionary


Lincoln, Nebr.
May 1, 1966

Dear Lottie -

I have intended to write to you before this and please excuse me. I thought perhaps you would let me know that you had received what I sent and how did Mark like the lunch box?

I have had free time this afternoon so I arranged pictures. When you send kodak pictures you don't write the name or date on the back of each. I am not sure which is Mark. So please try to remember to write the name instead of Mom.

I wrote to Betty and I hope she will let you read the letter.

When I was in Omaha 2 weeks ago I called Mrs. Mininni and she was so glad to know it was I. She wanted to know where you and your sisters were living. Also how many children each had. Just think after all these years our conversation was familar talking. I would like to go and visit her this summer and how about you going with me?

I was intending to mention what Dora would like being she don't have any. It is a dictionary and she said she wished she had one. A dictionary with a paper back costs less than a dollar I think. Now as for your mother - I would like some plain white writing paper. No envelopes please. Thank you.

I sent Elin a birthday card. Had a letter from Merrilyn recently.

Now again about coming this summer. I would suggest you visit for at least 3 weeks. You could get rested up and do some sewing if you felt like it. I sewed on the sewing machine when I was in Omaha. And I have 2 dresses which you could help me with. Hope you are in cheerful mood.

I am sending the article about Fritz Johnson - well his second wife was a native of Falls City. An announcer said over the radio that his mother came to see him in Omaha and that he said he coulnd't have found a nicer Mother if he had gone looking for one. As ever, Your Mother.


P.S. Excuse writing.

Let Betty read this letter. I talked to Marie over the telephone a few minutes ago. She said it would be in August when she could come. And to tell you and Lottie that. Hope to see you in August, then. Mother.




And on the back of the envelope...

No comments:

Post a Comment