Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eddie Haddard is going to sing a song for me next Sunday


Postmark: 14 Jan 1966

Dear Lottie & Bob and Family

See by Betty's letter you had another big time for your Xmas. Sure is so nice that you and Betty are close together so you can go see each other real often. Too bad Marie cant join the circle too.

Well Lottie that campus blanket was one of the nicest Xmas presents we ever got and I mean it too. He went out to clinic and said he would only be short time so we parked up close in front and I set in car for its only 30 min parking and I wrapped myself all up in that blanket and I didn't get very cold he was gone nearly an hour then when he was delivering cookies I took that along and I kept warm for some mornings it was pretty cold setting there in car - and Id wrap up and keep warm and now he uses it at night wraps his feet up in it for they do get so cold we have the electric blanket turned on but his feet are just freezing so the blanket helps there. So you see I use it days and him nights so its really very useful dont ever say again that a present isn't appreciated for we sure do love that blanket then when he lays down in daytime I throw it over him and I also use it myself when I take a nap in day.

Oh it sure is snowing this A.M. I didnt get up till 9:00 and he isnt up yet I did take coffee to bed but he didnt want to get up so I said I didn't care he could just sleep all day. Been such wonderful weather and now its snow yesterday was his birthday your mother sent a half of angel food cake down and box of mints and I baked a date loaf cake only mine turned out to be cupcakes for me like them best and so took some of each up to Jean's she made coffee and she had to go to work so didn't have time to come here so we drove up there stayed about an hour we enjoyed it too but Friday she's off so shes going to fix dinner we will go up then they will take us home Hank drives our car and she takes theirs then Lars don't have to drive at night

Celebrate all the birthdays with one big dinner for Lars is the 10th Jeans 15 mine 18 and Kathys 22 so we have one big dinner for all of us.

Lottie can you get KETV on your T.V. Eddie Haddard is going to sing a song for me next Sunday he is on at 5:30 here in Omaha don't know if you can get it there or not Ive known Eddie for so many years and I just phoned and talked to him wonder how it will sound.

Lars is taking a nap and so think Ill go take one too.

Write when you can lots of love. Thanks for the check too but special thanks for that campus blanket we both love it.

We are prety good one day sick next fine next sick so thats way it is.

Love Dora and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment