Saturday, September 24, 2011

(Never too old to try something new)


Postmark: 13 May 1966

Dear Lottie and Family.

Received your beautiful Mothers Day card and the nice Dictionary. Thanks so much for them. How did you know I wanted a dictionary. Then Martin was here he wanted one twice but I didn't have any and we wished we did. So you see its what we wanted.

Booh its reel winter here even it snowed Sunday May 8. can you imagine and oh its so cold we just dread to go outside.

I fell Friday May 6 cut my hand and really did hurt my dignity too.

I put two bandaiaids on the cut so Sunday I pulled them off wrapped it in soft whitecloth but had to unwrap and look at it and pretty soon I had it open again. Lars said here let me fix it so he put two new bandaids on it said now you leave it along so now I cant even look at it or baby it.

He isn't up yet but Im getting so hungry Ill starve if he dont get up pretty soon. He watches T.V. till 12:00 then sleeps next A.M. nothing to get up for so why get up then he was sick up and down all night so hes ready to sleep today he is sick an awful lot his stomach hurts so much.

Well he got up and dressed and then laid down so now wonder when he will get up so I went out ate a big dish of oatmeal and he can eat his when he gets up again. rest do him more good than eating. I got six Mothers Day cards a nice geraneum and a basket of flowers and a Dictionary and two checks, but Ill use them to pay my Goodman insurance for another year is 17.32 and checks 15 so I can pay it now, and then forget it for another year is way I do. Did Jill send you the big write up and pictures that were in the Abundant Life Magazine I read it so did Mr. Grievious. Its really intresting when you read about somebody you know that was really them well I dont know him but guess I do too for isn't he part of the family.

Tues I was in store got four lamb cutlets and fried two for dinner and they were real good . we both enjoyed them. First time I think I ever tasted lamb in all my life Mrs Potter had some one Sunday when we were out there.

Mamma's father raised sheep and they are plenty and Mamma hates the taste of it She was in front seat with Lars one day passed some on side of road. She said my father raised sheep.  But I do hate mutten and so we never had any and after I had my own home I never got any but Mrs Grievious got some told me how nice it was so I just got some to try and we liked the trial so have an idea we will have some more, some day. (Never too old to try something new)

Martin sent him a cane real classy too its black real pretty he used that one of Marvins and it was odd shape. Martin didnt like shape of it so when he went back he got the new one for him. Ruth come down stayed two days here and idea she will want to come again anything just to get away from there. She got big thick juicy steak cooked it for Sunday dinner I was sick so she went to store got what she wanted and he paid for it and didn't dare say booh with me its I'm so extravagent (get the Dictionary please) but I just get what I want let him howl I dont even hear him.

He sure is snoring loud but I could hear him if Ill go in kitchen. Must quit write soon lots of love. Thanks for card and Dictionary sure is nice.

Dora and Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment