Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oklahoma's corn and tomato crops


July 14 1966

Dear Dad -

Good to hear from you. Happy to hear all the news from up there.

You mentioned Mel was visiting Rox on Orcas Island. What are they doing there? Did they move or something?

As of today we have received two very indefinite postcards from Mother and Jacque. We sure hope to hear more soon. We'd better.

By the way - why hasn't Mark cashed that check we sent him in April. He'd better do it before it gets too old. Besides, it tempts me to overdraw on our account when I know there is still that two hundred to back up a hot check. Thanks.

I'm getting bigger every day! My abdomen measures 41 inches now - even bigger than my rear end! My clothes are getting bigger, though I've lost weight. Hooray! I'm feeling good for the most part, but I'm having a few distressing problems: I'm perpetually water logged and I tore a muscle in my back - right between a couple of ribs. It hurts, and now I can't lft or stretch until it healds - about another month to six weeks. I tore it at work lifting some books while taking inventory about a month ago. I'll learn better some day.

This heat wave were having certainly is bad. Oklahoma's corn and tomato crops are pretty much gone. It's too hot for me. I do wish it would rain.

Must go - I see the postman down the street. God bless you! Write again soon!

Much love from
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment