Monday, February 21, 2011

Our work here grows more interesting by the day


UNITED STATES ARMY

28 Oct 1944

Dear Durands -

Thank you so much for your combined letter - and my apologies for not being more prompt to answer.

Melvin was down for a weekend, and we had quite a visit. It was good to see him again, and it was pretty rough on us both to say goodbye. He is back on his ship, and by this time may be in action again.

Our work here grows more interesting by the day - We are studying all phases of communication, attending classes day and night, and the training I am receiving will be valuable after this affair is finished.

Jean wrote that you had called, and she was pleased to have the opportunity of talking with you.

Things at home are going smoothly, according to L's letters. Melody Jean is feeding well, and growing pre schedule.

I'll not try, however, to give you the news from Tacoma - L can do that much beter than I.

I was happy that you, Marie, could take Ruthie to Tacoma with you. I feel certain that her presence had a great effect on Roxy, and helped her grow - for she has developed so much in the past few months.

Must write a lot of letters, and time is limited, so 'bye for now - Let me hear from you when you have an opportunitity - please!

Sincerely,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment