Tuesday, February 22, 2011

To-day is a beautiful day.


Omaha, Nebr.
Oct. 2, 1947

Marie -

I received your letter dated Sept. 16th and I was delighted to hear from you. I have intended to write sooner. To-day is a beautiful day. I am still here but expect to leave here soon. It will seem wonderful to breath air in the big out-of-doors. I have not been out side very recently. I go to the sewing class in the afternoon except Saturdays. I am now crocheting on a hot pan holder. It is the 8th article I have made. Also I changed the way a dress I have was made in the front.

You asked me in your letter what my intentions were. Well I asked your father to go and talk to the Dr. about my being released from the hospital. He did go one time but I wished that he would go again. I was thinking that I oculd stay out at his house for a short time. But I haven't been out to his house and I wished we could agree about on matters so to speak. So the next time your father comes out I think I will tell him that I may go out to Clearview home which is about 10 miles West of Benson. There was an article in last night's paper about the County hospital which said being this department was crowded some patients is to go to Clearview. I have worded this as near as I can remember. Thank you for writing that my wishes are the main thing to be considered.

Now about shoes I think it would be better to buy them here. So Marie would you send me the money which I will appreciate very very much. Also I need money for other things and you know Marie you haven't sent me any money since I have been here. And didn't you write at one time that you were going to send me $10.00 a month?

So Marie as I will be needing money how about sending me ten dollars the next time you write? The money and valuables are kept in a safe for patients. And I may leave here soon so could you send your letter with the money air mail and have the letter insured with a return card made out? No it would not be a suitable place in your father's garage to store things. My things are stored Marie and I wish I could go and get my sweater you sent me some time ago. I like the long sleaves in it.

It was nice that you had a pleasant vacation on your trip. Were your children with you?

I hope Martin is all right and that he can attend school which is closest to where Lottie lives. I wrote to Lottie but haven't heard from her in answer to my letter. Please write to her and ask her to write to me.

I mush close and please write as soon as you reeive this letter. And also enclose money.

I have been writing this letter with the tablet in my lap.

Also when you write to Betty remind her to write to me some time. I haven't heard from Elin yet.

Good-by for this time.

I am, As ever
Your Mother.

In care of County hospital.

P.S. I hope I can arrange to buy the shoes after you send the money Marie. And thanking you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment