Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ruth's Christmas Letter, 1951



Lincoln, Nebr.
Dec. 17, 1951

Dearest Marie -

I received your welcome letter and the money enclosed also greeting card. Later received the nice little letter from your little girl [Becky?] and thank you for all. About the money you sent it pleases me very much that you wrote quote "Anything you choose to do with that gives you pleasure will give us pleasure." Un-quote.

I hear from Martin and oh was I ever glad to hear that he is now staying with Lottie. So you may send the present you intend to to send him in (care of Lottie.) I too am going to give him some-thing. I am hoping that your father will come soon and I wonder if you did me the favor I asked of you when I last wrote. It was to call your father by long distance telephone and ask him to come and visit me. I have been staying from church instead of going. The reason so that I would be here if any company should come. At least one reason that I have not been attending as I had been going.

Last week the O.T. department had a program. They gave out little paper dogs and am enclosing the 1 I picked out. Refreshments were served also.

In a letter I received from Lottie she wrote that Bob was going to visit his siter and brother in Omaha. I hope that your father's car is in order and also that your father and Bob will come to visit me for sure. Now when you receive this card if you have not alrady called your father please do so at this season. Thank you dear. And you wrote "Now we all wish you the very best Christmas of all." My wishes are expressed within this card.

Write soon.
Mother.

P.S. The little dog is for Ruthie
Thank your little girl for the penny enclosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment