Sunday, December 26, 2010

Elin's Christmas Letter, 1964



1964
Colville, Wash-
Sat.

Dear Mother:

Thought I'd better write a note in this Xmas card. We are fine.

We have had some terrible cold weather. It was 19 below zero the first part of last week. To-day its 10 degrees above zero.

I received the Oakland papers. Thank you for sending them. I felt awfull sorry about hearing of Mrs. Nylander's death. I got a letter and card from Elizabeth the other day. She said in her letter her Dad died in 1962. I guess he was at a Rest Home in Omaha. Elizabeth & Family live at Grandview, Wash. This is the first I've heard from them in a long time. One thing nice about Xmas you hear from friends and relitives you don't hear from the rest of the year. I haven't heard from Lottie, Marie or Betty yet at this Xmas season but there's time yet.

I have been working steady. I do Baby sitting. I go at 8 A.M. in the morning and work till 5:15 P.M. at nite.

I work for a girl that works in a dentist's office.

I take care of a 13 mo old Baby so I'm kept pretty busy. Last nite I took care of 2 children while their folks went Xmas shopping.

It's really beautiful out now with all the new hallen snow.

Really look's like Xmas.

Guess I'd better get this in the mail as the mail comes early. Hope you have a good Xmas & hope you hear from all your family at this Holiday Season. I'm gong to make out a card to Garfield to-day also.

Merry Xmas - and a happy New Year -

Love Elin and Family -

No comments:

Post a Comment