Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Please Drive By The Town Where Martin Is And Bring Him With You



Lincoln, Nebraska
May 27, 1951

Dear Marie,

I sent you a blue scarf I had made and I hope that you received it. The crocheted lace around the scarf is made with the thread that you sent me.

I received the fan which you send and thank you all very much. 

Your father was here to visit me last Sunday and D. and 2 other ladies. I was glad to see them. Your father had some good news. He had Martin's address and so I wrote to him last Sunday. I hope he receives my letter and pays attention to what I wrote. And also the other news was that he had heard that you were coming on a visit to Omaha. Oh I hope it is a fact and that you will really come Marie. I hope you will come soon after school lets out. I will be so delighted to see you all.

Marie I am wondering if you know what Martin's address is. I hope you know what company he is working for. I you don't know find out by calling your father. The address is Martin M Jensen, Tooele, Utah, General Delivery.

Marie would you and do you think you could do me a favor? That is I was thinking if you would please drive by the town where Martin is and bring him with you? I am so lone some to see him. I suppose you are all coming in an automobile. Please write and let me know. I am so anxious to hear about what plans you have and please come as soon as you can and remember drive very carefully.

It is now bed time and I will close.

With love,
I am,
Your Mother.

P.S. We will talk things over when you come.




No comments:

Post a Comment