Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Well There Is No Turning Back Now



Oakland, Nebr.
June 29th, 1944

Betty dear - 

I received your telegram yesterday. When I opened it I tryed to be brave. Well there is no turning back now. Please write me a long letter and let me know the interesting details. Will you?

What are your plans? I hope you will stop over in Omaha. I want to greet you and the one who will be at your side. If you let me know I could try and be in Omaha at the time.

I also hope you will step over at Lottie's house and also at Elin's house. And may I remind you to have some nice pictures taken together. Bur don't look at the camera.

Betty you didn't answer all my questions in the last letter. You must not have read it over as you wrote to me. Did you destroy the letter?

I suppose Marie wishes you would stay longer with her. It seems such a short time compared with the time you spent in the hospital.

Betty dear please write at once so I will get your letter in time to go to the city.

Please take good care of your-self. Your health is so important.

Oh by the way if you go by the way of Tacoma could you take Lottie's mirrow with you? Think it over. 

Good-by and sweet dreams.

As ever,
I am,
Your Mother.




P.S. Please go and visit my cousins and Marie has their address. Greet them from me. Perhaps Marie could go also as she knows which way to go. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment