Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thank you very much for paying my electric light bill



Oakland, Nebr.
June 6, 1945

Lars - 

I received the letter post-marked May 7th. I am not sure if I answered it or not. I remember writing before Martin's birthday to you ad to let you know what I thought would be a nice present to give him. I wish you would let me know in the next letter please. I sent him a few things and also the birthday card. I haven't received any letter from Lottie for some time. I didn't even receive any card from her for Mother's day. 

I received the letter post-marked June 3rd to-day. I am glad to know you are all right this rainy weather. be sure and wear your rubbers and enough warm clothing. And please take care of your health. As if I didn't need to keep some of that advice my-self.

Do you go over to Pierce St. to see if there is any-thing down on the porch in the way where the water runs? Please go over and look for me Lars and I will be very thankful to you. You will won't you for old time's sake?

I am glad Marie sent you the bed-lamp. Please try and put it up now. How would next Sunday be?

I received the $3.00 enclosed in letter and many thanks. I needed it very much indeed.

I will tell you about the house when I come to the city. I intend to go to Omaha soon. Thank you very much for paying my electric light bill which I appreciate highly.

Please Lars don't work too hard. 

I feel tired this damp weather.

Thank you Dora for writing. Please write soon and answer questions. Thank you. I am Ruth.


P.S. When I wrote I wish you would let me know in your next letter please, I meant, to write and let me know what you sent Martin for a birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment