Thursday, December 1, 2011

I will follow instructions dear



Lincoln, Nebraska
Jan. 17, 1953

Dear Marie -

I wrote to you and thanked you for what you sent me for Christmas and also wrote to Mrs. Durand. Hope letters were received as well as the 2 hospital highlighht papers. It is Bettty and Lottie's turn to write to me. Kindly send them a few lines and remind them to write to their mother.

Marie I had waited and waited to hear from you until your letter came dated Dec. 9, 1952. And thank you for an interesting letter. But now dear, I hope you are not as busy as you have been during the past month. So may I please have your attention about being released from this hospital. And you know have only the space on this sheet of paper.

I am pleased to hear that you are feeling quite well. It was swell that Mr. and Mrs. Durand could come out and be with you.

I hope you will let me know if you hear anything from Martin. Where do you suppose he can be? I am worried about him. Have you did anything to help locate him? Did you wrote to Lottie or Betty what I wrote before to you?

Marie I am thankful that you wrote and answered me about being released. As you know I have been here 5 years the first day of this coming April.

Marie you wrote that you wish that you could help. Now I have been thinking of a practical way and sort of out-lined it in the following sentences. Well first I talked to Dr. Davis since I received your letter. I said to him that you wrote that someone from Nebraska had to sign for my release. But now Dr. Davis said - "that you could sign for me, but that you would have to come for me." And some time ago I think I wrote that the Supt. don't care if I am released. So you see Marie what depends on you.

Now perhaps you haven't thought out some way so I'll explain. I was thinking that Mr. and Mrs. Durand could stay with the children and keep house while you come out here. And perhaps Frank could come with you and also the baby. When I am released let me go with you for I am able to help with different things about a house and you may tell me what your ideas and ways are. I will follow instructions dear so please co-operate. Please try and come as near April 1st as possible. Hope all the Durand's will co-operate.

Please oh please answer at once. Best regards to Frank's parents and best wishes to all. Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment