Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We aren't so crude as to make you sleep on the floor


May 13 (1966)

Folks -

It's about time you wrote. We had already given up on you.

Jack - I hope you could come to the youth seminar - you can fly half fare, you know. All you have to do is apply for an ID card from the air-line! You get your card and you can fly half fare. It's great.

If you people come next summer: Mother, we aren't so crude as to make you sleep on the floor in sleeping bags. We have plenty of sheets and bed-space. Besides our day-bed in the dining room we do have a sofa bed that folds out and is quite comfortable. You needn't worry about that. And, if you wish, you may even sleep on the sun-porch. It's quite nice out there.

The drive from Phoenix to Tulsa is absolutely beautiful. You'll enjoy the scenery very much. Reminds me very much of Eastern Washington, in fact. Very pretty. By the way, it's a two-day drive.

Sorry to hear about Judy (Beeson) Syvertson's bad luck. Sounds like she really has had a bad time of it all. Very sorry.

Tibor and I are doing just fine. So is the baby. He kicks real well. I'm doing just fine, except my blood pressure is going up quite a bit and I'm swelling some. Today I wore a yellow dress to work and Tibor said I looked like a fat little daffodil.

I'm going to quit my job on June 3. Between now and then my boss is hiring someone and I have to train her. It's gong to be a pain in the neck trying to show someone in one week what I've done for the past several months.

The weather around here is being "typically Oklahoma". One day it will be clear, shining and 90 degrees, then the next day will bring tornado watches and thunderstorms. We love every minute of it. Because the weather is usually nice.

Glad to hear about Jak being assistant editor of the annual next year. Do a good job, Jak! So what is this big "complication" that might stop her from going to school at the U for a week?

Who is Mary Jean Tollefson marrying? And when?

That's nice Joan & Rick Lorenz are having a baby. It's happens often, you know.

Please write again sooner. God bless all of you.

Love from
Jill & Tibor

No comments:

Post a Comment