Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I could send Marian C.O.D. for you.


1981 - Monday

Hi Dad & Mom -

Happy Memorial Day...or is Memorial Day supposed to be happy. Not with this rain, it ain't. We went swimming, indoors, of course. Anna & Elisabeth showed off their new skills to Stan & Marian spent the hour trying to climb whatever "tree" was handy. Mostly me.

Anna is in seventh heaven because a new boy moved in down the street. He even called her today. Twelve more years of this will drive me crazy.

I'm writing to ask you to measure the diameter of your blue coat, and also the back length.

Or I should say, I need to know what diameter you want the new one since you're so skinny now and also the back length you prefer - I know you want it longer. Maybe you'll get it by father's day.

I presume Minne & Bill are back. Ah envy. Do you miss Benson, Dad? I could send Marian C.O.D. for you. Hell, I'd even prepay the freight. And she is housebroken now too. Just say the word...

Only 12 more dys, huh, Ma... Anna's counting, too - I'm surprised that she's sick of school already. Are you having a party?

What time on the 18th are you getting back from Alaska? I've been looking at our summer plans - will you take the girls Aug 3-7 and the weekend on either end? We're going to a workshop at Cal-Poly in San Luis Obispo. Depending on our monetary situation, we'de like to see San Francisco on the way down and LA on the way back. What I was wondering at the beginning of this paragraph is - do you maybe want to plan the Ocan trip the week of the 19th? We have the Burkhalter reunion the 25-26, so we could go straight from the ocean to California, which wouldn't be too restful, among other things. Other things being trying to pack stuff for three different "trips" all in one. On the other hand, you just might like more than a day or 2 to "rest up" and water all your weeds before you go again. Whatever.

Stan's on jury duty again this week. Hates it because of the detailed lesson plans he has to make up. He wrote about a dozen work sheets last night.

We went to a play Saturday nite - Ladyhouse Blues. Do you know when it was written? It was set in the 20's. We wondered because a lot of the jokes wouldn't have been meant as such if it was written back then (world coming to an end, last war stuff)

Le me know your measurements ma

See you soon
Jacque

Hi to Mark - I wrote you a lovely letter, but I lost it - unless Stan mailed it for me, which I doubt.




Fabric sample for the jacket:

No comments:

Post a Comment