Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dora said she wished she had a light-weight iron



Lincoln, Nebr.
Dec. 12, 1965

Dear Lottie -

Thank you for your letter which I received and it was post-marked Oct 5th.

I was in Omaha Dec. 2nd to the 4th. Your father took Dora and I up to Blair. I went to see an attorney - who is Clark O'Hanlon. I spoke about you.

I remember when my late brother was born out in Colorado. As an infant he slept in a lovely cradle. I and my brothers becamse half orphans at a very early age. My late brother Garifled 15 months.

At this time of year when attendiont is for children and every-one. Well there was a family living up in South Dakota with several children. The parents were in an automobile accident and so serious that they passed away. Well people from near and far heard about these children and wanted to help. The accident happened about last May. And about 2 week or 3 weeks ago 7 thousand dollars had been sent to these orphan children. And then 1 man said he had become an orphan when only a child and sent 12 hundred dollars. Now most of the letters and donations have come from the East. Very few letters have come from the West.

When I was in Omaha Dora said she wished she had a light-weight iron to iron clothes. She said the iron she has is heavy. I was thinking that I could suggest to you - that I could mention this - that if you could, may-be buy a second-hand iron for Dora. If it needs cleaning perhaps you won't mind have it look clean. You know she will appreciate it and value it when it comes from you. Think how useful, also.

My brothers and I have Christian parents.

My wishes and expressed with-in the greeting card.

As ever
I am
Your Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment