Sunday, June 26, 2011

Buffy, our Princess kitty


Postmark: October 2, 1992

Dear "L",

Well, here I am again, travelling down the road in spurts in my new Spurts Mobile. Going nowhere special - saying nothing special, but just spurting along!

I should be getting myself something to eat. Marie [note, he should have said LouBelle] is off to a sorority meeting. But I just got an urge to write - so I am.

At least I have a nice clean house in which to write since Diana was here this morning to clean. We won't have her now for awhile. She's going into the hospital very soon (again) for neck surgery. She has developed spurs which if they continue to grown constitute a danger. It will be a delicate operation.

When cleaning time comes again will we have another gal? And where will we get one? Shall we try to "Maid Brigade"?

We really need the help. When I married LouBelle I agreed (or suggested) we get cleaning help since this place is so big. It's larger that LouBell's nice little house was.

So - now we learn once again how to get good help. But, so what, if it takes some time to find someone, I'm sure we care do it ourselves. Yielding to the advice to my kids I want to keep my promise to them. (1) Don't take LouBelle's independence away , and (2) remember "your" house is now her house also. Well, I guess I can keep those promises. The fact is, I will. (clap clap clap!)

Anyhow, it's good I'm home tonite. I must play nurse tonite (& for the next 5 days) for Buffy, our Princess kitty, who just came home this afternoon after a de-clawing operation. She has her private quarters for several days in the laundry room. She cannot go outside for one week.

We cannot risk infection. To ease her pain we have had to prepare a shredded paper litter box. We have two large grocery bags of paper shredded in advance for changes in the litter box.

It's a bit of a chore - but it's worth it - and I think I can be a good nurse. She will get lots of loving attention so that she won't think we are old meanies.

But it isn't our only "hospital" errand. Tomorrow, we take LouBelle's Oldsmobile in for an assessment (& repair) by our preferred mechanic, Jerry. It seems it has developed a "clanking" up front, the refrig. isn't coming through as we would wish (and in 100 degree weather!) and it seems to shudder and shimmy a bit when pulled up to a signal or stop sign. I assured the service manager that shaking was the car & not my wife.

So - first the assessment, then the work, and then the bill. But we need three cars (already Mary borrowed one t'other day). We like things in good shape and one can if they're willing (who is?) to spend the $. So tomorrow - put it on the list. "Calais to Jerry."

Well, kid. I love you (we love you) but I'd better get some good in my tummy before my pants fall off. May take a shower early tonight, and lay things out so I can make a quick get-ready in the morning.

Take care - and greet "the boys" for us.

Love Frank & LouBelle

DEPTH THOT: Go placidly amidst all the noise & confusion knowing was peace there is in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment