Saturday, April 16, 2011

Soon Bed Time will be Called


Nov. 4, 1951

Dear Marie -

This is Sunday evening and just remembered that this is letter writing day. By the way why haven't you answered me by this time? It seems to me that you could find time to write a few lines.

I wish to write and let you know that another lady from the hospital and my-self went to the city to-day and I enjoyed it very much. First we attended church services at St. Paul Methodist church. Then we went and had dinner, and afterwards when over to the Y.W.C.A. and rested a little while. Then we walked over to the N University and saw the museum which was interesting.

Last Sunday I wrote to Lottie and Betty. I wrote to Betty that I thought she should think over before she and Morgan move again. Don't you think you would like to see their place?

I wish Elin too could visit her and I am not sure whether or not Lottie has seen their present place. I hope Betty writes to you soon and if you write to her and remind her to write to her mother I will appreciate it? Thank you.

I hope you have heard from Martin again and please let me know. I don't wish to write and ask you the same questions I asked in my other letter.

When you write don't forget to write Diamond Street or Avenue.

I need glasses very much.

It is now 25 minutes to 10 and real soon bed time will be called.

Now please sit down and write when you receive this letter. I did no get any mail this week at all.

Don't forget when you write that you may enclose some money. I am glad that I may go to the city and buy what I like my-self. You know how people do have different taste.

I will close for this time and say good-night. And also could you remind your father to come and visit me as I am still waiting.

Best wishes to you all.

As ever, I am,
Your,
Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment