Friday, April 15, 2011

Fifteen Years of Great Endurance


April 14, 1954

My dear wife -

There is a possiblity that you will receive this on our anniversary - at least that is my hope - just to remind you that I have not forgotten that tomorrow will mark fifteen years of great endurance on your part.

Some people consider that an occasion of this sort should be marked with platitudinous ponderosities and great gushings of sentimentality, but I can only say that I still love you, even more than the first time I ever told you.

We have been fortunate in getting by all these years with so few great differences on opinion. I have honestly tried ot make them happy years for you, and I will be the first to acknowledge that you have made them good years for me.

I am about to break a sacred trust. The kids - Roxy and Mel - have been planning for weeks to surprise you with a few people in on Saturday night to help us celebtrate. Please don't let me down - they will be heartbroken if they find out that I let the cat out of the bag. Just act as surprised as you can. And in case I bring home a few extra groceries Friday evening, just ask no questions.

Must go now and get some work done.

Yours,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment