Thursday, April 21, 2011

...and be sincere dear


Aug. 17, 1952

Dear Marie -

I received your welcome letter a few days ago and I will now answer it. I have been writing to Lottie and I will write parts of my letter which I wrote to her, to you also. Hope you take it good naturally.

Marie I am so disappointed that Martin had gone over to Seattle. Please will you call Lottie by telephone and find out if he is still there. Then please write with-in 3 days to your mother as perhaps Lottie may not be prompt in writing. I also sent Lottie a paper about Teck High school to her and I haven't heard if she received it. I wish she would send the paper to you and if Betty hasn't seen it, send the paper to her. I have not had any company to-day. I could cry when I read your letter. Being I am here I wish your letters were written more often. Why didn't you write before that Martin had gone to Seattle? Why can't we have more of an understanding? You know Martin don't care to write and you should have written to Lottie in my interest that she should let me know about Martin which she hasn't done so far.

I thought surely Martin was still staying with Lottie and Bob. At one time when Lottie or Bob wrote to me it was mentioned what work Martin did and I was glad that he could help about the place, and do out-door work that is necessary where they live.

Marie I would be pleased if you could write 1 letter and not mention your family, or work for a chance. The next to answering my questions is if you would write that you wish we could meet and have a pleasant visit. Then I wish you would write to the Dr. and say you are interested in my welfare and that you would be glad to know that I may be dismissed, which I may, when some-body comes for me. And next how I wish you would write something along religious lines. And next instead of buying a greeting card with a nice verse composed by strangers you would write a few lines equally as attractive as the words in-side a card. Oh and then as long as it is written by you I can not help but think it is meant just for your mother and be sincere dear.

I am looking forward toward being released real soon so I would appreciate if you will write as I have mentioned before. I hope you are in a good spirit.

I am writing this letter wearing the same glasses which give me a head-ache.

I wrote this letter while there was talking so excuse writing.

Best wishes to all the members in your family. Remember to send your sisters a birthday remembrance.

Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment