Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Martin misses you something terrible


You know

Dearest Marie,

It's now past ten o'clock so I'll just write a line, but after all a short letter is better than none at all. I called up the Schole's girls you know and here are the addresses of those girls:

Emily Morton - 2524 Capitol Ave
Harriet Johnson - 4968 So. 13th

I called up Billie Ruth and Emily. Emily's mother said she was at Okiboji but would be back soon. I talked to Billie Ruth a long time about nothing in general.

(I am going to mail those letters of yours with this one.) Mamma just said she mailed them yesterday (Monday).

Enclosed you will find a letter form Betty Nicholson. We get to keep the picture of you and me but I want you to send the others directly back to her. Please return her letter to me because I haven't answered it yet. Please don't answer the questions she asks though, I want to do it.

Toby gave me a beautiful, swell, elegant, grand, and splendid brown skirt. Also a black skirt and a jacket. She gave me three other dresses too, but I'm going to chuck 'em in the ashcan. They aren't any good. It won't break my heart to do it either.

Love Lottie



And on the other side of the paper...


Dear Betty,

How are you getting along as a guest of your relatives. Have you had the startling experience of taking a bath in a bathtub yet?

Martin misses you something terrible, in fact, he doesn't know what to do with you, Marie, and I gone all the time. Mamma's saving all the dirty dishes for you. They're stacked all over the table. (End of joke, laugh here.)

You (Marie too) really must excuse this hideous writing but I'm so sleepy I'm writing with half-closed eyes.

Yesterday I was through with the supper dishes at Pregler's at 7:15 P.M. I rested until 8:00 and then went with Toby up to get her hair cut, shampooed and finger-waved. She looked 200% better now.

How do you like the pictures? Marie looks like she is about to do someting and I look like I'm terribly mad. Every one of the consellors looks like somebody they aren't.

Well, be a good girl and enjoy yourself (I sneezed at this point).

Lots of love,
Lottie

No comments:

Post a Comment