Sunday, March 20, 2011

I just love my muu-muu


Thank you especially for the pictures, Frank!

Mar. 4, 1963

Dear Marie & all,

First of all, please forgive us for being so pokey to thank you for your very nice Christmas presents. I just love my muu-muu. It's just perfect to slip on over my clothes when I come home from school. Jackie was especially thrilled with the ring Steven sent. She wears it every day and is so proud of it.

What a surprise to hear Becky is married! She is such a sweet little girl and will make a wonderful homemaker. I've had a little gift for her - I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Our family is about the same. Bill, Roxy's husband, was notified last week that he is in the finals for consideration for a Guggenheim Artists Grant. If he makes it, they will go to Italy for a year with all expenses paid. They were here for the weekend - he gave a lecture to an artists' group Friday night. It was a pleasant surprise - he was very good. Roxy is the same - still at the store.

Melody is working at an insurance office and still at her same apartment in Seattle. Kathy got married, and so Mel has a new roommate.

Jill sang a solo in the music contest yesterday - she got a "2" which was pretty good, I thought, since she has had no voice lessons.She also sang with a group "The Eight Notes", who received a first place.

Mark and Jacque are about the same, busy at school and at home. Mark has had (and still has) a series of staph infections which are so stubborn to treat. Jacque has been active on a basketball team. They play once or twice a week, and their team is in first place. The unusual part is that they are seventh and eighth grade but are so good they let them play in the high school league, (It's an all city-county set-up, not school sponsored) and even so have been defeated only once all season.

Mom called last week and has been writing to agitate for one of us to come back there. She doesn't realize our responsibilities. I cannot make the trip, but she asked me to write to tell you to come back there at Easter vacation time. Write her anyway, will you? I don't really know what either one of us could do for her if we went back but I know there is simply no chance at all of my going on a trip until this summer - and even than is pretty slim. How about you?

Haven't talked to Betty lately - do you know if anything came of Morgan's legal inquiry about her?

School is going just fine. Grade-wise, I have a B-ish average, but I don't work very hard either. I'm carrying seventeen hours this semester and hope to keep on doing so. With a little summer work and a little luck, I could finish in three years.

Let us hear from you Marie - and again the best of everything to Becky and her new husband.

Love,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment