Saturday, February 5, 2011

I hate the sight of a patch


Dear Lottie and Family

Just a few lines to thank you for the nice Fathers Day Gifts. Oh everything was just fine. Tell all the grandchildren they couldnt of found a nice gift that pleased him more than that candy. Honor hound candy I have strict instructions do not put any of that in that candy dish for the kids to eat it all up go to the store and get some other candy for that. For I want this candy for myself so I bought a pkg of candy put in there for me & any kids that come in for that other is his.

That cover for the day bed is grand I wanted a new cover but he thought that old one I made out of the drapes woman next door gave me was just fine seems hes so afraid we will spend a dollar ever since I got the money Marvin gave me. he wasn't so afraid to spend a dollar before but since we got that hes just positively miserly. there I got it off my chest. but its true.

Those cushions are so nice. everything was so nice and thanks for all of them its 10:30 and Im just taking care of his eyes and next comes his back. he didn't get up till 9:30 and I said breakfast first eyes & back later. but I get hungry and he needs the sleep so why not favor me too when I leave him sleep. This letter sounds like I'm out of sorts this a.m but Im not. Ive stayed home all day the 4th both Sunday and Monday I told him Id rather stay home I dont care for the fireworks but Jessie always did. Clements had to take her to fireworks every 4th she wanted us to go too but I didnt want to and neither did Lars he said just a big jam.

Seems we both miss Jessie so much for me picker her up nearly every Sunday at church then here for dinner take her home in evening then we were there once and sometimes twice every week and its lonesome without her. Then I dont or rather Lars dont have any one to do his patching and neither would Martin every time she come over he always brought out something and start to fix it and she would take it and fix it for him for I wont patch and never would and I dont care. I hate the sight of a patch. I darn his sweaters and dont mind but I will not patch them.

I told him next time Ruth come I was going to tell her to patch it I wont.

I intend to write to Mrs Schultz and have Ruth come on bus like she did before then we can take her to Blair and next day take her to bus Station then she can get to go to Blair and go see her friend out on West Maple and any place else she wants to go.

Sure wonderful you girls could all be together. I bet you all enjoyed it. we would enjoyed it too but our traveling days are over now. Lenas aunt in Elsie Nebr celebrated their golden wedding anniversary there I wrote it so you just laugh and say she meant well but just dont spell like she used to do.

O yes does Bob still have his coin collection. well I got a 1932 penny and if he wants it Ill send it to him.

So Albert & Lena and Lena's Aunt in Taft come to Elsie then drove on here but her aunt went on Bus to see another Sister.

They come Tues a.m. had dinner took Mrs B to Bus stattion back had lunch next day Lena went shopping I went along and Thursday they left and I was in bed rest of day and Friday I was so tired not sick just lazy tired.

Weve had so much rain.

Write oftener for we do get awful lonesome too. and a nice letter is lots of pleasure.

Jeans said we missed the 4th so there taking us on a picnic Sunday instead.

Lots of love to all of you and Thanks for the nice things write soon Dad & Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment