Sunday, October 31, 2010

We had three soldiers in for Christmas dinner

December 29, 1942

Dear Marie, Frank, Martin, Betty, & Pop,

I just couldn't wait to thank you for all the nice things you sent us for Christmas. Every thing was much appreciated. I new sweater is just what Roxanne needed - she's outgrown all her baby ones. She wore it Sunday afternoon when we went out for dinner, and the first thing she did was to pick off two buttons.

The salad set is something I've always wanted - it's such a nice one too. Bob couldn't have gotten anything better than that mystery reader - he read it all day Saturday.

We had three soldiers in for Christmas dinner, and they seemed to enjoy themselves. Bob got a fifteen pound turkey from the office, and we'll be eating it for a week.

How do you like my new stationary? Bob gave me this for Christmas.

I finally finished my suit I have been making since shortly after Betty left. It is a light blue Shetland wool. Turned out all right, but nothing to brag about.

Roxy got the cutest pair of white hand-knitted mittens. They are simply darling. They just fit her, and she looks so cute when she claps her hands with them on. By the way - she can sit up alone now. Not very long at a time, and she's still wobbly, but she can sit alone.

I hope you received our package before Christmas. It was insured, so let me know if it hasn't arrive.

We haven't heard from the Durand branch of the family for months and months. Write a line when you can squeeze out the time.

Tell Betty we sent her a subscription to Reader's Digest, and to let us know if it doesn't start coming.

Love,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment