Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Ice cream, which we ate with bananas and stale cake"


2509 Pierce Street
Omaha, Nebraska
July 4, 1938

Dear Marie,

Just a line on the Fourth, while Bob's here reading the paper. Martin and Betty went out to Vensalyst Park with Dora and Pop.

I washed Martin's hair this morning, gave him a bath, cleaned and cut his nails and dolled him up in clean clothes fit to kill. He really looked nice.

Nothing new since we saw you last. Bob was over Sunday and stayed for supper. Afterwards, he bought some ice cream, which we ate with bananas and stale cake

By the way, enclosed is a little item I found in today's paper which I thought you might like to see.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say so guess I'll just shut me up.

Say "hello" for me to Mrs. Dolph, Hilda, the rest of the kitchen gang, Kay, Shirley, Chiyo, and the other counsellors.

Drop us a line, won't you?

Loads of Love,
Lottie (and family)


No comments:

Post a Comment