Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recipes, Cakes, and Social Security


Lincoln, Nebr.
Feb. 7, 1955

Dear Marie -

I am enclosing a cake recipe which I had intended to send to you before. I hope that these few lines reach you in time so that you can make the cake for your birthday. If the cake turns out good may I ask a favor from you? Would you make a cake from the same recipe and send me the cake? I had thought of sending this recipe before as I may have mentioned when I wrote to you. But I thought you were busy about Christmas time so I delayed in sending it to you. I like a recipe which calls for brown sugar.

Hope you like the valentine I send you.

I thought being I did not hear from you when it was my birthday you may have overlooked the date. So if you bake a cake for me when it is convenient for me when it is convenient for you I will appreciate it very much. The other cake you sent me arrived in real good condition.

Letter will follow.

My wishes are expressed with-in the greeting card.
Mother


"On the contrary...the average person who researched 65 in the year 1954 is physically, mentally, economically and socially in much better condition - than when 65 was selected as the standard retirement age for the Social Security program 18 years ago." Dr. Anderson said.

No comments:

Post a Comment