Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"All the kids are looking forward to Christmas."

Dec. 13, 1957

Dear Mother,

Please note the address – we haven’t moved. Once when I wrote I put the store address on by mistake. I’ve received the mail from you, though, at the store.

Hope you’re well & looking forward to Christmas. I’ve enjoyed talking with Lottie and hearing about her trip to Nebraska. Glad that she could make it even if I wasn’t able to.

Glad you like the sewing machine. I was happy that Lottie & Pop could make the arrangements.

We’re all well & busy. I’m still working and taking care of things at home, too. I’m now doing all buying for the store and enjoy my work.

Randy is busy with swimming lessons, Cub Scouts, Church Choice, Sunday Schools’s school. He’s almost busier than I am.

The girls are definitely not babies any more. I’m enclosing a picture we took just last week in front of the fireplace.

All the kids are looking forward to Christmas. We brought a new bicycle for Randy which he isn’t expecting so he’ll be quite surprised.

Jeanne Johnson has stopped by to see us several times in the past few months. She’s now a stewardess for Northwest Airlines and lives in Seattle. Every so often she has a few hours in Portland between flights and so comes out. She’s going to be here most of Christmas Day.

I’ve invited the Johnsons down for Christmas, too, but I don’t know whether or not they will make it. We visited them at Thanksgiving. All of them are well and the kids getting by. ... Melody is bigger than I am, & Jill is coming up fast. They are good kids – Lottie can certainly be proud of them.

Haven’t heard from Marie for a year. Have you had a letter from her? She’s as bad a correspondent as I am.

Haven’t heard from Martin either. Don’t have the slightest idea where he is.

Well, Mother, hope you have a Merry Christmas. We’ll be thinking of you.

Love
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment