Sunday, November 24, 2013

Please Use The Word Mama Instead Of Mom



Omaha, Neb.
Jan. 7, 1948

Marie - 

I wish to thank you for the birthday card I received yesterday. It would have been nice if you had enclosed a pretty handkerchief. I hope you have received the apron and hot pan holder by this time. If you had already received it at the time when you sent the birthday card why didn't you write a few lines and let me know? You must write me a long letter and let me know about the way you spent Christmas out there.

I am enclosing some clippings I thought you would be interested in reading. The reason I am sending that little one with the girl wearing an apron is because I think you should make your little girls jumpers with a piece in the front. Can you still make the jumper that way and try and make the sleaves in the blouses longer? And why were you and Frank not in the picture also? I like the hair ribbons in their hair but why not remind them to close their mouths?

Will you please write and ask Betty to let me know if she received the apron I sent her? Also send her the clipping about Good morning breakfast program. 

I received the letter from you with the Christmas card. 1 card from your children with pictures drawn on the back of the card. 1 card from little Rebecka. I mentioned I received the money order before I think and the stockings as well as the photograph of your little girls.

I am glad I heard from all my children.

Marie I hope I can leave the hospital in the near future. But I don't know yet where I can go from here. I will write a few lines to Frank on the back of this letter. Please write very soon. You did not enclose any-thing with the birthday card did you?

From Mother.

~~~~~~~~

Wednesday Afternoon.

Frank - 

This afternoon from 2 to 3 is visitor's day but Marie's father did not come out as I hoped he would. And he did not bring me a birthday cake or flowers, not even a card. You could write and remind him how neglectful he was...

Frank, I received a Christmas card from your parents. Will you kindly write them that I sent my thanks to them. And thank you for your card also.

I hope you will think this clipping about Arizona interesting.

From Mrs. Ruth Jensen.

~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, Jan. 13, 1948

Marie - 

I received your card yesterday an all though I had a letter written to you, I will add more to my letter. I am glad you received the apron I sent, but you didn't mention the hot pan holder. How do you like it?

Did you have the flu about the time that Katherine D. was there for a visit?

At Christmas season there was a tree on this floor. Some of the patients made some decorations. At one time a number of school children came in a group and sang Christmas songs. Another time a number of adult people came and sang.

There are some young people who came out each Sunday evening and sing and we enjoy hearing them. Christmas morning present were passed out to the patients. I receive a pair of anklets.

Marie did you send a Christmas card to my cousin in Chicago? I received a pretty one from her. If you don't remember her address you may ask me next time you write. If you write to her please send her a nice handkerchief with your card. Thank you.

Did you have any letter from Elin? I wish that she would write to me. And will you write to Elin also Betty to write to me? I surely get lonesome staying here for days, weeks and months. To-day I have been here 8 months. I was hoping your father would come out last Sunday and being me a few things. Marie will you write and ask Lottie if she received the Nursery chair and tool box which was Martin's?

Now about the candy, you may send a few milk chocolates, and chocolate nougat candy, also hard candy and gum drops. Now you could buy about 1/2 lb. of each Marie. It could be for a belated birthday gift. Also if you wish you could send me a few pretty handkerchiefs and the Mc Call's magazine. If the magazine has been used it doesn't matter and remember December number for 1947.

Now Marie I hope you can take time and sit down and write out the list what I have asked you, to do for me. And please don't want any time and answer my questions by reading over my letter as you write. 

Thanking you again for all that you have sent me Marie. I hope you feel that it is a pleasure to do these things for me. So good-by for this time. I am, Your, Mother.


P.S. Please use the word Mama instead of Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment