Saturday, October 26, 2013

Drink Coffee and Eat Aspirins




July 2, 1945

Dear Marie,

This is all the paper that's handy at the moment, and I have a little spare time.

I'm geting the baby things off this mail. Sorry not to have done it sooner. Ruth has some of the things and has been up at Stanwood for a couple of weeks. I've been waiting for her to come home, but her arrival has been delayed several times. I'll get your shirts and the other socks and send along later. I've copied the blouse pattern and that is included. The skirt is all straight seams. I don't have a pattern - just measure.

Melody has three accomplishments now. She can wave "bye-bye", measure "how big", and "patty-cake". She still has a very good disposition. 

Roxy has developed a lot since you were here. The other day I askd her what Daddy was going to do when he came home. "Drink coffee and eat aspirins" was the reply.

I made Marty quite the paper route because he didn't get home on time. Now he's working in the berry fields. He's only been out two days, so I don't know how long he'll last. He's no more ambitious than ever.

I've been awfully busy lately. Sounds trite but I really mean it. You'd think so too, if you were here.

This is all the paper I have, so I'll close. Write when you can - I'll do the same.

Love & stuff,
L.


No comments:

Post a Comment