Monday, September 16, 2013

I Am Now Receiving Help From The County



Omaha, Nebr.
Dec. 1, 1946

Marie - 

I received your letter and the letter from Frank and I was glad to hear from you both. I have intended to write sooner but seems I haven't got started. And now the days are growing shorter as you know.

I have just finished writing to Betty and I hope you write to her quite often. And I was thinking about that baby comfort that Betty made for you baby would you mind parting with it? Don't you think it would be a nice gift to give Betty? But first wash and press it real well. I thought I would remind you in time so you can think it over Marie.

Perhaps you are tired of it by this time and it will be very new again for Betty and those so near to her.

I receive $2.00 a month from your father and he helps me with coal and a few other ways. I am now receiving help from the County to buy groceries. I appreciate this very much indeed for one cannot exist without food. Not long ago the visitor who visits this district called. She wanted the address of each of you children. Over and over again I am asked questions. I wonder some-times if they ever think that each person has his worth and a right to demand it.

Yes I think you wrote that you were going to that conference. Were you just listening to the speeches that were being made? Did they serve good food?

Do you have a furnace in the house where you live? I don't remember if you have written how your house where you live is heated.

You have't answered if you have locks for your dresser drawers. Yes I will say you much write more frequently. I wish you were not so far away as I just wrote to Betty. 

Oh Marie if you intend to send me a Christmas present do you mind if I mention what I would like and need very much? It is some stockings cotton ones size 10 1/2 or 11. 

Thank you very much.

That lady that I pointed out to you at the Union station when we were in the restaurant was the visitor that I have. I wasn't sure if it was her or some-one who looked like her. She told me later that she worked there part-time.

I haven't heard from Lottie for some time. Weil you please write to her when you receive this letter and remind her to write to me. Or if some one will write me how Lottie is I will appreciate it.

I must now close and say good-night. Again may I remind you to write very soon.

I am, As ever, Your, Mother.



P.S. Thank Frank for his letter. The clipping I am enclosing for you are for Frank as well.

Have you heard where Charles Worley is now?

Would you be interested to hear about Corine Hedrick, Josephine Cannon used to be Louis Palmo and his sister?

No comments:

Post a Comment