Sunday, January 22, 2012

I did not attend church services to-day, in case some-one came to visit me


Lincoln, Nebr.
Sept. 30, 1951

Dearest Marie -

It was such a nice way to address me at the beginning of your letter so I will do the same. I received your letter dated Sept. 13 and I was indeed pleased to hear from you. I did not attend church services to-day, in case some-one came to visit me. And being I did not heave any company I sat out on the lawn. I wrote to your father last Sunday and also to Martin. Yes I got the coat and I wrote and thanked Mrs. Durand but received no answer.

Marie why didn't you answer my letter, in which I wrote and asked you if you received the bill for the storage of my house-hold goods? I thought that you would think it important to me which it is. I am anxious to hear if you or your sisters have payed any money toward the bill and please write and let me know.

Yes it certainly was good news to hear about Martin. I addressed my letter to Ogden, Utah and General delivery as you wrote it. I hope that he receives my letter. Did he write and tell you what the name of the Company is that he is working for? Please write and let me know if  he has answered your letter Marie will you?

Have you heard from Lottie, Betty or Elin? I sent Lottie and Betty a birthday card. I have not heard from either one of your sisters for quite a while. You could write to them and remind them to write and answer my letters.

(I wish to thank you for senidng the letter Dora wrote. I wish that your father would be come this way when out driving on his vacation. When the weather is so pleasant as it has been to-day I should think that your father could come to Lincoln. I hope that when I remind him the next time I write, that for him to come that he really will come. When you write to him your could copy the above paragraph starting where I made the mark.)

Please be more prompt in answering this letter. It was so nice of you to write that you "have thought a lot about my recently". Also will you read over my letter as you write. And also you could send me some money if you wish. Thank you very much.

When you write your address on the envelope will you remember to write what Street or Avenue you live on?

Best wishes to you and your family.

My Address is on the envelope.

From, Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment