Thursday, January 26, 2012

And with some news that is good to hear



Lincoln, Nebraska
May 25, 1952.

Dear Marie -

I wrote to you last Sunday but I have not heard from you in answer to my last letter. I would like to explain a little more about you coming here so excuse me for writing to you again. Now I hope I can explain matters to you again I asked the Dr. who comes on this ward about the expense about the fair for you to come here. And now if you can not afford the price of railroad fair your father must help you. You know your father has helped with expenses to travel at other times in the past. And also that it was for the staff here at the hospital to decide about a ticket for me. Also Marie the Dr. said you have to have a willingness for me to come out there to your home. And also the attendent on this ward said you were the only one who could help me out from this hospital.

Now Marie you know that in the past you have come when I needed you.

I was reading an article in a magazine about a young lady who had a problem. And this is what she worte Quote - "If you love me, please help me. It has to be."

I still have the same glasses  and they give me a headache. That is something important also for you to go with me and have my eyes tested for new glasses.

I attended the services at the hospital chapel this afternoon.

I have been reading the Reader's Digest for April 1952 and in it is an article about President Truman. And I will write a few lines from page 160. Quote - When I was 12 I had read the Bible all the way through twice. I spent a lot of time on the 20th Chapter of Exodus and the 5th, 6th and 7th Chapters of Matthew's Gospel.

I have read the above in the Bible as there are more than 1 Bible on this ward. Try to teach your children to read the Bible where I mentioned the above Chapters. And try to read the Reader's Digest for last April also. Also read Bible where I have writen about.

And please will you write a few lines and let Betty know that I receive the Mother's day card and what was enclosed. I will try to write soon. Also please remind Lottie to write to me.

I hope you answer real soon. And with some news that is good to hear.

With love
As ever,
I am,
Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment