Monday, September 19, 2011

It has been a while since I wrote letters


Omaha, Nebraska
Sept. 8, 1969

Dear Lottie -

I received the pretty greeting card, dated Aug. 3rd from Tulsa. Also letter dated Aug. 13th and enclosed clipping about Jackie. Thank you very much.

I had a nice letter from Esther and I intend to send her a sympathy card. Write more about - your visits on the trip - where you went.

It has been a while since I wrote letters so excuse me if I seem to be out of practice.

I intent to send something to Jackie, but haven't got it ready yet. Being I sew or make something, it is quite different than buying a present. It takes time.

I suppose you are rather tired. I wish to thank you for everything you gave me while in Omaha.

I had a short letter from Martin. Thie morning I received a postal card from Betty.

When I called up at the hospital to ask how your father was the answer was that he had been transfered to the other hospital. So later I went out to see him out at 80th and Dodge and he is in special care center as you perhaps know. I talked to him and he answered. He asked about Martin. Now in case you would like to call the hospital here is the number -

397-3000
Extension 3864

I supposed you wrote to your father's sister and then let her know about your father. And when you write please ask her if - she received my letter and I enclosed a handkerchief?

I was over to Dora's one day and I put up some curtains.

If you wish to call Mattie about any-thing here is her number - 451-8183.

Please write soon.

With love and best wishes.

As ever,
I am
Your Mother.



Clippings enclosed...








No comments:

Post a Comment