Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Enclosed find a candle for future birthdays


October 5, 1995

Dear "L"

Howdy!

Sorry we missed your surprise Birthday Party, and that we have not called more frequently concerning your health. We apologize.

We tried to meet Jill's unique request to send a birthday candle for the party. However, since the notice was very short we could not meet the deadline. Two things complicated meeting the request other than the short notice. One was on eof those busy schedules and unplanned situations that arose. Secondaly, we could not figure a way to safely send a candle due to the warm weather.

So - enclosed find a candle for future birthdays. We hope it will last and serve many birthdays!! This candle was LouBelle's idea. She is very creative.

And so - how is your health? Let us know. We are concerned.

My Fran ?? is off to a sorority meeting way down in Chandler. I don't expect her home until 10:30 PM. I really don't like her driving along and at night. But she is quite good at caring for herself. I should be clearning the table, doing the dishes and a lot of paper work. But we thought it more important I write you and get than candle sent on its way!

I don't know why, at our age, we don't cut down on our schedules. I think it because we haven't learned hot to do so. But, so what? It keeps us young - and tired. We more frequently take afternoon naps.

I want to prioritize life now that we are in the Autumn of life. I guess we can. I am trying  - but get so busy it is hard to prepare the priority lists. It is hard to make "priorities" a priority!

Tomorrow I have a routine eye exam and among other things I must prepare for a wedding rehearsal to be held a week early since during the week we are traveling to San Diego to help Allan with Kristen. It is "his week" with Kristen (Allan and K.O. are separated - or divorced or whatever). And he is in a new home. Busy as doctors are - someone has to help Kristen to get to school, ballet lessons, etc.

And the next week we fly to Omaha to visit Bill (now 81). It is a surprise visit. In between is the wedding., Symphony, football game, and, of course, Orpheus. Yes, I'm still hanging in there (36th season). I said I wasn't going to be...and LouBelle is still busy in Orpheus Auxilary. And I must work with Stevie to get up to Greer & close the cabin for the winter. Also, take some stuff up on his way to the General Store in Alpine he owns - in addition to working at resort hotels here. We are busy. I'm tired!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Love Frank & LouBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment