Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yesterday was our first wedding anniversary


June 28, 1945

Dear L

Enclosed is a letter I received from Marie a while back. I've been meaning to send it on to you ever since it came, but somehow never "got round to it" til now. Excuse pleez.

I just finished a letter to Poppy. I haven't heard from him for some time and was wondering how he it.

Yesterday was our first wedding anniversary and Morgan came thought most nobly with a beautiful Swiss made, 17 jewel, wrist watch. Wasn't that swell of him. He also took me out to dinner and gave me one rose bush for one year. The rose is supposed to be increased each year till we've been married 50 years and I'll have a pretty decent bocquet.

This is just a note in a hurry - Let me hear from you.

Love
"Bets"

P.S. Love to Marty & the kiddlings

P.S.2. Please send the picture of Ruhtie back if you have one of her at about this age.

No comments:

Post a Comment