Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Please, please try to come


Lincoln, Nebr
May 22, 1955

Dear Marie -

I received your welcome letter and I was glad to hear from you. I was especially pleased to hear what you wrote about Martin. But it seems to me we should try and have him really show that he will help me. Frank could write to the company he works for. Explain about me (his mother) how much I need him now. Then they could talk to him and I would like for him to come here. I would rather that you or Frank wrote to the company than that the social worker would write to Martin. I don't know how he would take it. And also Marie if you are to take a vacation couldn't you arrange to come with Martin? Please, please try to come.

I would like for you to help me with picking out a few clothes. And clothes don't cost quite as much in Omaha as they do in Lincoln.

The day passed here on Mother's Day like any other.

I didn't mean by helping me that I come to your house to live. I wish to find some kind of employment like a seamstress or some kind of housework. Then later I intend to apply for social security after I come out West.

Yes indeed, I hope, I hope Martin and I can help one another as you wrote.

I hope you read over my other letter which I sent a few days ago and answer it also when you write to me.

I wish that you or Frank would write to the company that Martin works for right away. And ask them to let you know as soon as possible. Then you could write to the social worker that which you wrote me that you hope Martin and his mother can help each other.

Please don't write to the social worker what you wrote to me. About Frank's new job and your four children. The social worker will just tell the lady I work for and then the lady I work for will throw it up to me. I am almost afraid of her at times.

Would you please write and ask your father to come to Lincoln as I wish to talk matters over.

Also please may I remind you to write and ask Lottie if she received some maerial from me for a housecoat? Thank you.

If you came you could help me pack my clothers. You could help me by bring some extra suit cases to put some of my clothes in. I still have the suit-case you gave me for Mother's day years ago. It is bent some.

Please excuse me for repeating any-thing in my letter or letters.

I have been here 20 months the 1st day of next month.

Excuse my write as the pens I have been using are not extra good. And excuse any unneatness and writing.

When you write to the company ask them for information. And when you hear from them answer at once or perhaps sent a telegram about Martin. This is importnat.

Write please and don't delay dear.

Best wishes and thanking you again.

As ever
I am,
Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment