Sunday, February 20, 2011

I wore my hat


April 29, 1951

Dear Marie -

To-day is Sunday afternoon and I may write if I wish. First may I thank you for the pretty Easter card and the money enclosed which you sent me? I attended church services to-day from 2 to 3 o'clock and I wore my hat which was given to me when I attended a style show.

It is Betty's turn to write to me and I hope she and her family are all well. Have you heard from her recently? I did not have any letter from her at Easter time.

I sent Elin a birthday card last Sunday. Would you write to her and remind her to send me a Mother's day card?

Lottie sent me an Easter card also and later I received a box of cookies. Will you kindly send a few lines to her and let her know that I received them and thank her very much.

Thank you for sending an Easter greeting card to my cousin Anna.

I received a letter from Dora post-marked April 15. This is the 1st letter I have written since D. wrote about Martin. I have no heard any-thing since. Please let me know if you have heard anything about Martin because I am worried. Surely you understand.

It will soon be Mother's day and I suppose that you wish to send me some gift. I was going to write and let you know that I would appreciate some money. I can then try and see about some glasses for my-self. If you send a Mother's day card there may be space in-side where you could write also on the back of the greeting card. Will you send a greeting card soon as you can and hope that you don't mind if I remind you? It would be wonderful if your father would come for me on mother's day.

My best wishes to you and family.

My address is on the envelope.

Love from your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment