Thursday, January 27, 2011

Will you send him a dicktionary


August 1, 1948.

Marie dear -

I received your letter dated July 2nd and I was glad to hear from you and that you arrived safely back to your home. Marie I wish very much that you had come this way on your return trip and why didn't you think of it? As it was I did not see your children at all. And when you were in Lincoln it was so hot. The main reason for your visit was to see about me being dismissed from this hospital was my impression. And so the different other things I wished to ask you I did not have tim to talk about. I wish you would have returned to Lincoln Marie and I can not help but feel deeply hurt because I only saw you 2 times. You wrote that you wish I were not in the hospital. I am very thankful for the dresses and at present I am wearing the white one. I have worn the shoes and they are a little tight across the toes but I hope I can have them stretched in the near future.

I surely appreciate the scarf and please buy yourself another to wear when necessary. And let your hair grow long as well as your daughter's hair.

I received the postal card from your father when he was out there. I thought that your father would be out to visit to-day, but Martin wrote that they wouldn't be here. And Marie Martin is a poor speller and please will you send him a dicktionary as soon as possible with large letters and plain ones yes please let me know as soon as you hear from that man and I told the nurse you were going to see him.

I received a letter from Lottie and Kodak pictures. That surely is not a good picture of Betty is it? Lottie also sent me 2 pairs of stockings and will you please send her a card and let her know what I have wrote that I have received also $2.00 enclosed and thank her. Marie would you please send Martin about $5.00 as soon as possible? And please send $5.00 to the Central Storage & Van Co., 814-16 South 14th Street. Ask them to send you a receipt and the balance which I owe. Thank you. Mother.

P.S. I am sending the clipping because I read that Miss King refused offers in order to take care of mother who was not very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment