Sunday, January 2, 2011

She is well taken care of where she is

Blair Nebr
Oct 4th 1952

Dear Marie & all

I am writing a line in regards to your Mother. I know that she would like to be released from the hospital. That would certainly be wonderful. However with my wife in a State hospital and the fact that I cared for David for some time, I feel that one of her children should be responsible for her, in case she can leave. I really believe that she is well taken care of where she is and she should be satisfied. It sounds cruel I know but one must take a broad view of the matter.

As you may know, David left a small estate to be divided between Joe, Your Mother and myself. We each received one thousand one hundred twenty nine dollars and ninety cents ($1,129.90). A guardian was appointed by the court for your Mother. In case that you want to write to him at some time, his address is -

Frank Wolf
c/o Wesley M Johnson
Douglas County Welfare Dept
Court House
Omaha Nebr.

I have been summoned to serve on the Federal Petit Jury starting Oct. 6th. How long the court will be in season I dont know.

How are you doing? Good I hope. I was up to see Margaret a month ago. She is about the same.

I haven't made any long trip as yet. I would like to go West some time, when I don't know.

Greetings to all
& Good Luck

Your Uncle
Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment