Monday, January 31, 2011

I did not have any company to-day

April 27, 1952.

Dear Marie -

I received your welcome letter and the card enclosed also the $1.00. Thank you very much, Marie dear.

This is Sunday afternoon and the weather is pleasant here. I wish your father would come to visit but I did not have any company to-day. I wrote to your father last Sunday and also to Garfield. I am anxious to hear if the water came up to where my brother Garfield lives.

Marie it was nice of you to write in your letter dated April 14 for me to write as soon as I could. Now please I wish that you will also write to me as soon as you possibly can. Thank you for writing to your father for me.

When I wrote to your father I asked him in my letter if he had heard if you were coming to Nebraska for a vacation. I think I wrote and asked if he would call the Durands and see if they had heard. I certainly wish you would write and let me know your-self Marie. You know very well I have looked forward toward being dismissed for a long time. And some one of my family should come for me. Please answer me about coming to visit me this summer.

I attended services on Palm Sunday here at the hospital chapel and pictures were shown on a screen also. After services there was a program and afterwards refreshments were served by the Lutheran ladies.

Marie perhaps I have written about the glasses I have. They are too strong for my eyes and I would like some glasses like I had before. I mean to have my eyes tested first. So please Marie will you help me? I was thinking that if you wish to send me something for mother's day you could send me some money. And Marie could you spare about $5.00 and thank you?

I sent Elin a nice birthday card and hope you sent her 1 also. Let me know.

I wish to send you an organdie apron Marie but I am supposed to go down town with some one. I wish to mail a package to you my-self. Will you please let me know if you are coming here to visit me becahse then, I may as well keep it until you come and give it to you then. Now when you write to me would you write what I wish to hear?

Best wishes to you all.
With love.
From, Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment