Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ruth's Christmas Letter, 1949



Dec. 21, 1949

Marie dear -

I received the 2 cards from you this morning and I was pleased to hear from you. Thank you very much for the pretty handkerchief and for the present you are sending.

I received a box from Betty which was kind of her.

Martin and your father were here to visit me a few weeks ago. I was glad to see Martin as you can well image [imagine]. I expect them to come and visit some time soon when weather is fair for traveling. I am thankful for Martin has returned safely. Pardon me if I repeat anything I have written before. Yes I wish you would wrote and answer my letter as you wrote you would on the card. If there is anything I need I will let you know. But what I wish is that I may be dismissed. I was here last Christmas also you know.

Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment