Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ruth's Christmas Letter, 1942


Oakland, Nebr.
Dec. 24, 1944

Marie - 

I received your letter and the $1.00 and thank you very much. I received this postal card from Elin and I am sending it to you. I was so anxious to hear from her if she received the dresser. I even sent a night letter to her about it. Let me know what she sends you for Christmas presents will you please?

I received a pair of bed room slippers from your father a few days ago. They were just the kind I like and they fit me too. That was thoughtful of him to think I needed them.

Don't you miss Betty now? I do and I remember last Christmas day we went to the Muse theatre to see Alice Faye, and Betty Grable in another picture. Both were in technicolor.

It has been quite cold weather here and now the ground is covered with snow.

I haven't had an card or letter from Lottie real lately. I sent her that little Christmas tree that had been yours. I put it in a shoe box and I hope that they all will enjoy the little tree. So now you know where it is and I think nice that, that the little tree is still in the family. If you wish to, you may sent Lottie's letter but I hope to hear from her soon.

So you have one of those sno suits for your little girl? I hope so for I think they are so pracitcal and you remember we sent more than 1 pair to Elin for her children when they were small. I wonder if her children wore them out. Don't you?

I have a few more things to do here and I hope, I hope that I can soon go to Omaha. I am over at Mrs. Backlund's some-times.

Please write soon and read over my letter as you answer it. I will close now and say good-by.

As ever,
I am,
Your Mother.

P.S. (Please excuse pencil.)

No comments:

Post a Comment